YIAYIA'S BAKLAVA SCENTED REED DIFFUSER
[Generational tradition and philoxenia]
Syrup soaked spices and crisp filo pastry.
"I had been to Greece before (you know, the trip everyone does - island hopping and drinking until the point of dreading the next day's fast ferry) but I never fully experienced Greece until 2018. The ferry I was on had a small issue which meant I needed to stop for a night on the island of Tinos - a very small and quaint island known for its churches. I had sat at this small kafenio (café) to quickly skype back home (yes, ok, I was stealing the Kafenio's wifi) and to complain about my lay over on this island. I remember finishing my 4 minute sook about Tinos and how much of an inconvenience it was and looking up to see the Yiayia who apparently worked there walking straight towards me. My stomach dropped. I'll never forget this, she looked me dead in the eyes and did not miss when she said - I should be offended that you sit in my family's shop and complain that you are here but instead, I will choose to change your mind about our beautiful island. The Yiayia (who insisted I call her that by the way - Yiayia), brought me plates and plates of food but the dish that stood out to me was the one right at the end - her Baklava. Equal parts spicy and sweet - kind of like her! It was on Tinos and because of Yiayia that I learnt what Philoxenia is - a sort of sacred bond between host and guest . Something that there is no english word that serves as a fair equivalent but something that Yiayia has very much taught me to practice in everything I do today." Anna
Top// Caramelised sugar, cinnamon dust
Mid// Nutmeg, clove
Base// Vanilla, honey
350 grams of scented soy candle. 45 hour burn time.
200ml of fragrant diffuser oil. Includes 10 dacron fibre reeds to enhance scent throw.
- Open glass bottle and place all the reeds in the bottle such that the bottom of the reeds sit in the fragrance oil - the more reeds, the more scent throw;
- Due to the quality of our fragrance blend and reeds, you do not need to turn the reeds over to ensure a consistent flow of scent;
Failure to follow instructions could result in fire, hazard or injury.
- Keep diffuser and reeds away from flames and out of reach of children and animals;
- Keep diffuser and reeds away from things that can catch fire;
- Always place on a tray;
- Do not put reeds on a fragile or varnished surface;
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately as staining or stripping of finishes may occur;
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin;
- Do not ingest fragrance;
- Keep away from naked flame or heat at all times; and
- In case of accidental consumption, please contact Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26.